Friday, March 16, 2007

Midnight Margaritas!!!

This is going to be a random post I believe...I am just trying to tick away my time until I have to head to work. I worked last night, tonight, and then tomorrow 11-4. Luckily I only have two weeks left after this! My weekend won't be a real weekend at all. Last weekend was pretty good! Let me tell you about one incident.....


Saturday around 11:30 pm I was sitting on my bed on my computer, as usual. I heard some really soft taps against my window. I am on the second floor and no trees are in the immediate vicinity. I thought, "Gosh, the wind must be really blowing!" So I looked outside and there were Morgan and her room mate Anastasia. They were throwing pebbles at my window. I opened my window and Anastasia serenaded me quite loudly. I've never been serenaded before, too bad it wasn't an actual love interest at my window!




After her beautiful singing they bombarded my apartment. I had to pretend to be asleep so that Morgan could pet my nose to wake me up.... If you haven't seen Practical Magic with Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock then you should see it because this is where this is coming from... After I "woke up" we started blending Margaritas. They had brought all this stuff up to my kitchen and we made a grand mess. They were delicious when done though! We played the song that plays in the movie during their margaria drinking. We danced around all crazy with margaritas in hand. It was so much fun! Then we stayed up talking until 3am, well actually it was 2am but daylight savings happened. That was a big highlight of my week and my semester. Good memories..... I just got some of the pictures, so I will post some.




I have two weeks left of classes and then one week of finals. Yeehaw! I have a lot to get done, but my mom has kindly reminded me to just take each day one at a time.




I sent in my taxes today!!! I had first gone into a place here in town, Liberty Tax, they said there was a student discount. I walked in, it smell like old mold. Then the lady "tax preparer" came in wearing a mexican restaurant polo shirt. She had awful teeth and gums (can you say Dentist?). I am sure she was nice, but I did not feel competent with her doing it. Luckily the consultation was free. To actually file my taxes (in two states and with the fed) it would have cost me 100 bucks! Then my greatest guy friend ever told me he would happily do my taxes. So I sent them to Jordan the next day, he did everything for me, including post its for where to sign and date, as well as three seperate envelopes already adressed with the papers in them. Pretty much Jordan is my hero! I should get a nice little chunk of money back. It will come at a perfect time because, April I will start out jobless and still have bills to pay.




At work we have so much stuff in for spring! Weather has been pleasent for Rexburg, but still not in the sixties like back in LG. I need to buy some shorts for my impending arrival home.... among other things I really want to buy before I get outta this dump, just kidding.... but not really.




So I've reached a goal weight I've had for a couple years now! It is so exciting, yet I don't think it has really set in. I have another goal weight, but I'm trying to celebrate this victory without getting down about the weight I still want to lose. But since July, I've lost 30 pounds! Yay! It is funny though how 3o pounds seems like a lot, but then I look in the mirror and find it hard to see any changes, though I am sure they are there, somewhere... Anyway it has been hard, and I am worried about my return home, but hope that I can maintain this and continue to improve. I really just feel so much healthier. I haven't gotten sick in 2007 yet. I mean I've had random nausea, but it hasn't put me out of my daily routines. I attribute it to the diet, strength training, cardio and increased water intake (along with vitamin water).




I don't think it has set in that I won't be returning to Rexburg to go to school. Even though I'm leaving, I've really appreciated my time here. I have grown and changed emotionally, spiritually, and physically. I feel truly blessed to have had this oppurtunity. I know my Heavenly Father has watched over and guided each of my steps, and trust that He will continue to do so as I move on into new stages of my life.

1 comment:

Kylee said...

I read this blog a few days ago and was in a hurry so I didn't leave a comment..sorry. I am glad that you had so much fun that night. Just one thing were those virgin margarita's?:) I am sorry you have to work so much, but you are almost done! Last night was St. Patrick's Day and I had to close. It was awful and by the end of the night I wanted to shot myself! Anyways, hope you have a great Sunday love you tons!