Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Meeting the Family

A week from this past Sunday I went with Jeremy to the blessing of his newest niece Christiana Belle. I met his oldest sister Amberly, her husband Rafael, and their 5-month old son Nico; his middle sister Bethany, her husband Chad, and their 7-month old daughter Sophia; his youngest sister Darcy, her husband Dan, and of their new baby Christiana. I also met his dad, Robert, who had flown in from Virginia, and his older brother Jared. I was quite nervous, I knew that his family was full of intelligent, successful people, especially his sisters, and we all know how protective sisters can be of their little brothers. Everyone was very welcoming. Jeremy hadn't known that his dad had flown in for the weekend, so it was a pleasant surprise for both of us!

After church we enjoyed a delicious lunch at Darcy and Dan's home. I was able to visit with his family, grew attached to his nephew Nico, and listened to the family geneology from his dad.


For dinner, we drove back to his sister Bethany's. Jeremy's dad was staying there too, so we had another fabulous meal, and a great visit. Bethany's daughter Sophia is sooooo adorable. She is this smiley, chunky little thing, and reminded me a bit of my baby pictures. We topped the night off with a family favorite, Burnt Almond Fudge ice cream, that I guess Jeremy's grandpa always loved. Jeremy's dad is such a sweet man, he gave me a hug goodbye when we left. I took it as a good sign.

Friday night we drove up to Park City to have dinner with Amberly and Rafa. Many of Rafa's family were there. Rafa and his family are from Argentina, Amberly served a mission there, and Jeremy has served a mission in Spain. I felt so out of the loop with no spanish skills, but luckily everyone interpreted for me when needed. Rafa's family is very sweet. The food was great, and it was a good time.

Saturday we met up with Amberly and Rafa again, one last time before they were headed back to Viriginia. Jeremy's brother Jared was also at the restaurant with his family. I met his wife, who is getting her Ph.D and frequently flying to the UK, their two daughters Quincy,6, Sydney,4, and their son Anson, 2. They were adorable kids, rosy cheeks, blonde hair, and so sweet, even when Anson threw his dad's sandwhich on the floor....he was so casual about it.

I am so happy to have met most of Jeremy' s family and even happier at how welcoming and nice they have been to me. I only wish Amberly and Rafa lived closer! They are a fun couple.


This is Amberly, Rafael, Nico, Jeremy, and I at the Main Street Pizza & Noodle in Park City. Meeting the family actually went quite well, but meeting all these great people did make me miss home -- my family and friends--a ton. Love you guys!

1 comment:

Kylee said...

Cute picture. Very cute little boy. It was fun talking to you on the phone. I am excited to visit with you this weekend.
Love, K