Friday, May 8, 2009

....

It's 12:22 am. Make a wish? I should be sleeping. It seems I have trouble with that lately. Sleeping.

Some days are harder than others, but don't you always feel like some kind of champion because you've made it through the day? Worn out, beaten down, dirty knees, knotted shoulders, but somehow stronger, better prepared, more learned? You smile through your tears for no reason other than you can.

Then there's the hope thing. The hope that tomorrow will be better, and that five months from now, or five years, you'll either look back and not even remember today's badness, or you'll remember and see how it brought you to this place.

The thing about the darkness of the ending day is that there's the light at the start of a new.

One day at time my friends, one day at a time. We figure it out. We live. We write our story. Make it a good one, not one that I fall asleep reading.

1 comment:

Kylee said...

Good advice. Hope you don't fall asleep with my story(: