Sunday, June 8, 2008

"These Are My People"

This week was a bit rough for me. I was so tired all week. Work was exhausting! I was so grateful for the weekend. I start graveyard, which is 11:30pm to 7:30am, this Monday night. So I basically have had a three day weekend. I am staying up late tonight so I can sleep in tomorrow and try to prep for a long night tomorrow.

Good ol' Kara Baxter came to town this weekend for the stockshow. I was so glad to see her again! I miss her all the time. Friday night I went out to Union and just hung around her house. We had a good conversation with her parents about the important things in life, mainly God, family, love, marriage.... The meat and potatoes of life.

We also made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and laughed. I laugh so hard and so often with KB.
Saturday was the ro-day-o, translation, rodeo, translation, good times. Crystal Kevan drove out to Union with me where we took in some bare back bronc ridin', calf ropin', steer wrastlin', barrel racin', horse racin', and bull ridin'. Kara met up with us after a funeral, and we had good times. I also had the best hamburger I've had in a year, the stockshow burger with grilled onions and full of deliciousness.

After the rodeo, Randy kidnapped Morgan and brought her out to Union where we all piled in his dodge pickup and headed up to Medical Springs. I love Kara's uncle Jerry! It was a cold day and the hot springs felt so great. We sat in there for probably 2 1/2 hours, talking, laughing, and soaking up the medicinal goodness. We watched the sun go down with its intense pinks and purples in the blue skies and gray clouds, and the sliver of the moon come up. Saw the snow capped peaks of Anthony Lakes, the green rolling hills of Baker Valley... Heard a coyote pack in the not so far distance. Watched an increase of steam over the water as the temperature dropped. I was content to just sit and prune in that water the rest of my life.

We went back to Kara's where Morgan left because she had to work early. The remaining four of us squished on Kara's couch and watched "Hope Floats," while munching on chilli cheese fritos and chips and salsa. Randy soon fell asleep. After the movie we girls talked until 3:30 in the morning.
It was a great day.








No comments: