Monday, September 27, 2010

gratitude

This made my day.

What? You don't see it?

That's my queen sized bed on a new frame...off the ground!

The frame that came with the set didn't really fit it. So, today, two elves decided to fix my debacle. Mom hauled a frame over from La Grande, and Eric - through his own incentive - put out feelers on Craigslist and got me a frame, too. They actually got to my apartment at the same time.

Anyway, when I had gotten home, Eric had my new frame set up and my bed nicely made.

I was really so grateful! I can't tell you how it feels to finally have a man in my life who not only wants to take care of me, but does. And, admittedly, it can be hard for me to think in terms of two, instead of just me; in terms of partnership. I've kind of been independent my whole life ... Mom's been a great guardian, but I think she's ready to pass the torch.

I was really, perhaps unnecessarily, moved by this small gesture. He's going to be the best husband for me. So patient, so sweet, and such a good care-taker.


Also, I would be unappreciative if I didn't recognize the fact that so many friends and family from both sides have stepped up to offer their talents, skills and support. It's overwhelming and humbling and I know we both feel so blessed to have associations with such good people. So, to all of you

thank you.

2 comments:

Kylee said...

Love this picture and I love Eric for taking care of you.

Brittney said...

so sweet :) i'm really really super happy for you lexi. you deserve the best because you are such an awesome lady :)