Monday, May 12, 2008

Once Upon a Saturday

I just wanted to quickly post about the weekend.

Saturday was a ton of fun. I woke up a bit early and ran some errands in the morning, including securing a mother's day gift for my mom. That afternoon the branch had an activity up in Haines at Brad Feik's parents' house. It was the same activity we had last May. Shooting skeet, riding horses, driving four wheelers and a dirt bike. It was so much fun! I had invited this guy I met a couple weeks ago, Randy, to come along. So he, Crystal Kevan (who is back for the summer), and Kara all rode in my car. We spoke in hick accents all the way to Brad's.


I shot Randy's 12 gage shot gun a few times, but that was enough for me. I love to shoot, just not the big guns that throw out your shoulder, plus I actually hit a clay pigeon about one in six times, so I feel bad wasting them. Then Kara drove Crystal and I around on the fourwheeler. It was so funny! We actually rode two seperate times, going over bumps and "catching air." People were watching because we were laughing and screaming so loud.

Randy also took me on an extended drive on the four wheeler, I guess he's quite the ATVer, so that was fun. I also rode a horse, for about 15 minutes, but I'm still feeling it!! After rounding up the afternoon with homemade cheesecake (Thanks Morg!) and a jump on the trampoline we headed back home.

Randy took me out to dinner at Golden Harvest. I hadn't been in years. We ordered for eachother, I ordered him curry and he orderd me this pineapple/cocount chicken. We shared and both were delicious. Afterwards we went back out to Union where we met up with Kara. She was on the phone so Randy and I took to assualting one another, with fists, feet, pillows and brooms. It was pretty intense.

We then proceeded to break some laws. We climbed up the Union water tower. Shhhh, don't tell people, especially my Grandma. It was exhilirating! It was good that Randy was there to hoist us up to the ladder and to catch us when we had to drop down from the ladder. Once on top we watched lightning over the hills above La Grande. It was super windy though, and chilly, so we didn't last long. We did attempt to carve our initials at the top with Randy's keys. It was a blast, but my shoulders are still recovering from the climb, it took more strength than I thought!

It's been a full couple of weeks since school ended. I start work sometime this week, probably Tuesday night. I am going to Pendleton/Hermiston to hang out with Randy and play some human foosball. Kara left today to go back to Provo for the summer. I am really going to miss that girl! She is so funny and has been such a great friend.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Hey Lexy, I make my own layouts!! Check out my instructions, I made a blog about it... carlysblogtips.blogspot.com

Have fun!