Saturday, December 1, 2007

Thanksgiving Part Duece

Thursday was a pretty great day. Mom, Zoey and I (but mainly just Zoey and I) had done a lot of the baking Wednesday night. We made two pumpkin pies, an apple pie and a cheesecake. We also made our own stuffing and turkey, and then the green bean casserole and relish trays to take to my Grandma's. The Smiths and our family met over at Grandma and Grandpa's around 1 o'clock. We ate a little bit early because Morgan had to work at three.

Dinner was delicious and far too filling. We all sat around and chatted, watched movies, whatev for until about three. Morgan and I "digested" in the spare room with twin beds and caught up a bit. I think our family finally left around 4pm. Later we went out to Wal-Mart to pick up somethings. We ended up buying Santa Claus 1, 2, and 3 on DVD. I hadn't seen the third movie yet. So when we got home we popped that in, ate thanksgiving seconds and had a good evening together.

Friday was pretty uneventful. We elected to reserve our energy for Saturday. Saturday we went to the Festival of Trees that the community puts on. Different groups decorate trees that are later autioned off with the money going to charities. Then on Saturday they are put on display for the public. Our family spent far too much time there, with Riley having to do every activity imagineable. It was fun though, and a continuation of our family tradtion. After that we went and bought some Christmas decor, our Christmas tree, and got a lot of our holiday stuff out of storage. Mom, Zoey and I had to use our womanly strength to take the tree off the top of the car, saw off the bottom and put it in it's stand. We spent the next few hours putting on the lights (that was my job), and decorating the tree. We decided on a green, white and silver scheme for the tree.

That night I was able to catch up with a group of friends from highschool. We sat around and chatted for the most part. We hit up the hottest spot in town, Denny's, at about 12:30am. Then they dropped me off back home around 2am. It was a ton of fun. There were seven of us sardined into my friend Teresa's car. Don't worry, I had on my seatbelt. I don't think I'll forget sitting in the car and all of us (guy's included) singing to Aretha Franklin's "Respect" or to "So Happy Together."

Sunday I went to church, came home, ate my last supper of Thanksgiving leftovers, said "Peace" to my family and then headed out to Union to pick up Kara. It was a really nice, relaxing and festive week with family and friends. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because all that is involved is food and loved ones. The upside to this year's holiday was the lack of family drama! Yay! No arguing, bickering, storming about, or any of that nonsense.

No comments: