Wednesday, April 16, 2008

In the home stretch

Well kids....not a lot has happened since I last wrote.


I thought I had my contract sold....then the girl, Courtney called yesterday and said she actually decided to move back home to California. I was very upset. I thought I had this huge burden lifted, but then, nope....I came crashing right back down. It's frustrating too, because she had told me to take my sign out of the window on Saturday. Well Sunday and Monday were gorgeous, warm, sunny days and everyone was out walking and biking, driving slowly with the windows down, in other words, perfect days for advertizing my apartment. So, please continue to pray for some soul who will come take this thing off my shoulders. I had had on my dry erase board the note "Call Courtney" but after she called me with the distressing news I erased the "call" and wrote "kill." I was only kind of joking ;-)


I have no more classes this semester! Yesterday was the last day of classes. Yay! Actually, it hasn't really set in. Last night at the gym I was thinking about what time I needed to go to bed so that I could wake up for class. It was silly. By the way, Kylee, if you read this, I've been running on the treadmill....shocking I know! But, I often think of you when I am on there. I've been running, including my "cool down," for about 33 minutes, plus two minutes of walking. I am just shy of running three miles, maybe by next week I'll be in good enough shape to hit three miles...I mean, that 11 minutes per mile.


Monday I didn't do so hot on my bootcamp. I ate a few too many calories. A group of us went to this new Gelato shop on Center Street to celebrate Kara getting into the Advertising Creative program, which is really tough. They only let in 16 people! So I hit the gym after, and then again yesterday, even though yesterday wasn't in my little "boot camp" plan.


The weather Tuesday was 47 degrees cooler than Monday. Just thought I'd throw that out there.


I was supposed to go to a review this morning, I hit the snooze on my alarm, but apparently it was just the off button. I slept until about nine, when my review was supposed to start. Then Michelle (my roomie) made us some pancakes to jump start the finals experience. I have two more reviews to go to today. Two tomorrow, then my first final is Friday.


Watched the Biggest Loser Finale last night! I, like so many others, have been an avid watcher this season. I got really nervous for Ali because Roger looked so thin!!! But, then she burst through that old picture of her and she looked AMAZING! She lost 112 pounds! Incredible. I was also impressed with the brown team, and Amanda - the one married to Neil - even though she wasn't HUGE to begin with you could see she had worked really hard and looked so much better, oh, and Dan's mom looked so great! I was also really impressed with Bernie and Brittany. Brittany was in the 170's still but she looked fantastic. It was a good little boost for my own fitness to watch all of their progress. They said Paul, Kelly's ex was "sick." Does anybody believe that? I think he was just still fat and didn't want to show his face. But I thought he should've sucked it up and come, Lynn, the old man, hadn't lost much and still showed up.... So anyway, afterward I went to the gym and on my run I felt like passing out, or at least slowing way down, or cutting my run short. But I didn't, I kept thinking about the contestants and how they wouldn't stop. I also thought of Jillian standing right in front of me yelling at me to keep going.... It was helpful and I stayed on for my full run...whew!


Well kids, I'll be coming home in about 9 days....

1 comment:

Carly said...

That is exactly what I do -- pretend I have Jillian cussing me out! :)

I loved Ali all along and I loved seeing how great she looked after all that work!!