Thursday, April 10, 2008

S-T-R-E-S-S

If I could describe that last few days, aside from today, in one word, it would be STRESS. Tuesday night I went to bed and I was laying there and started thinking about all these different things....my worries, concerns, assignments, tests, projects, blah, blah, blah. I literally got sick to my stomach. I had to get up and take a pepto-bismal (a chewable so it wasn't so bad) and hope that I didn't spew(I hate throwing up). After laying down around midnight I think I finally settled myself down enough to fall asleep after 2am. The bad thing was that I had to wake up at 7am to go up to campus because an tookpak wouldn't add to my Excel without making the program crash. I had to have that tookpak so that I could run a statistical regression on data I had collected, interpret it, and do a report on it by 5pm that same day. Plus, I had three classes to go to.


After hours in my own personal dungeon (the computer lab in the basement, with no windows, of the Kimball Tower, the tallest building on campus), I got the assignment turned in. I should have felt relief and even euphoria! It was the last major assignment for the Political Inquiry class which has had a major writing assignment due every week. It is a 4 credit class and it has been intense. I count it as a little victory that I never gave up, and not only survived by did pretty well on most of the assignments. I've measured this semester by that class. One paper down, ten to go....five down, six to go..... etc. etc. But I didn't feel so much relief. I saw my teaching assistant for that class, Brooke, right after I turned it in and as we talked I said, "I think we are all just a little worn out." Now I just have the ugly, frightening final. The average for which is a D. Say your prayers for me, a'ight?

I've also been stressed about finances! Sheesh! I cannot wait for the day in which I can't even get cash back at Wal-Mart because I don't have the 20 buck minimum in my account! Plus, I have to sell my housing contract for spring/summer, otherwise I have to pay 210 a month for four months.... And I am planning on coming home! Boise Cascade has already given me a job for the summer (as long as I haven't picked up a drug habit or committed any felonies since lase summer).

Anyway, I think my stress level hit it's climax at 2am Wednesday morning. But I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back around the same time next week.

Luckily I've been blessed with good health all semester. I haven't gotten a cold or flu all semester, and I am so grateful! I just hope I don't get knocked out with something during finals, which start next Friday. Only 3 days of actual classes left! I've also been getting back into the gym. I started going again around the end of February, but I was eating like crap. I've started my own little "boot camp" for three weeks. I just started on Monday, but so far so good. The plan is hitting the gym 4-5 times a week. Doing 3 days of cardio + strength training and 2 days of cardio + abs. I am also watching my calorie intake. Hopefully I can shed the few pounds I've put on this semester. So for all those out there who have been dieting, are dieting, or are thinking about it.... I AM HERE FOR YOU! AND I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

I register for fall classes tonight at midnight. It's hard to be excited for a new semester when you feel like you are barely keeping your head above water in the current one. I am excited to get home! I'll pull into town somewhere around the 27th. Then around the 1st I am headed to the west side to see a few friends and walk along the coast (something I haven't done in years!). Ahh....summer can't come soon enough....Even if I am going to be working at that sawdusty place again. Sheesh.

1 comment:

Kylee said...

Sorry that your week has been so stressfull. It will all come to end soon and you will have made it! Sounds like you have done well this semester.
Good job on getting back into the gym. I know that it isn't easy. Hasn't been for me at least.
I will pray that you will find someone to sell your housing contract to.
Have a great week and a fun/safe road trip and a safe trip home.
Love you.
Kylee

P.S. Thank you for the comment and your encouragement. It is means a lot to me.