Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Tale of Two Sisters

So, Zoey came to visit....

She flew in on a Wednesday evening. She walked off the plane shaking her head because she said she was sick the whole time, though luckily she didn't throw up. Being the big sister I am, I bought her an outrageously priced Sprite out of the vending machine while we waited for her suitcase. After some mishaps (like Zoey leaving her IPod, cellphone, camera, and money on the parking shuttle) we headed into downtown Salt Lake. We explored Temple Square, took in the new Joseph Smith movie, and then met up with my old friends from Rexburg, Melanie and Chelsea for dinner and desert at this restaurant, The Dodo, by the huge Gateway Mall. The food and company was great, and then we headed back to Provo which is about a forty minute drive.




Thursday morning I scrambled to get a midterm done and then we headed up to Sundance for some afternoon skiing. Zoey is new to snowboarding, at least real snowboarding, so she spent most of her time on the handle tow, which was free. I went up the lifts by myself. The weather around here had been quite warm that week and Sundance is only a 20 minute drive from Provo. So a lot of the snow was gone and what remained was either hard and grooved in the shade or slushy and bumpy in the sun. I was super tired by the end of the afternoon. With my good looks and charm I got the workers to let Zoey go up on the lift once, at the end. She did really well! It was a fun afternoon.


That evening I made us a fetticini dinner and then we went and caught a movie at the buck fifty theatre. We saw 27 Dresses, which we both really liked.

Friday I had classes, and we bummed around campus. That night we went to the BYU Creamery and got some burgers, fries and ice cream. Soooo good. We ended up at my friend Kara's watching 'What Not to Wear' all night.

Saturday was a pretty casual day. We met up with Suci, Mclain, Halee, Mckinna, and Ethan in the afternoon. They were in town for orthodontist appointments and Mclain was buying a new truck. We visited with Suci for about an hour before she left to go back up to Wyoming. All of us kids were gonna get some food and then go to a movie, but Suci ran out of gas a short distance into her trip. So Mclain, his friend Jasper, and Ethan had to go help her out. Mckinna and Halee stayed with Zo and me. After eating we took some pictures in the photo booth and then went into a shop and did some looking. Mclain came and picked up the girls and they all had to leave. It was good to see them all though, even if it was only for a few hours. Zoey looked around the mall some more. We picked up a movie at a Redbox and then went home and just watched a movie all cozied up on my bed.

Sunday we went to church and then lazied away most the day. Kara came over that night and we spent hours doing nothing. Zoey and I were deciding how to get our hair cut the next day.

Monday morning I woke up early to work on this big assignment I had due. I let Zoey sleep until 11am! I went to classes, then came back and we went to the Paul Mitchell Hair School. We were there for a couple hours! But, we both walked out really happy. I had to run back to campus to turn in that big assignment by 5pm.

We then packed our bags, ate some pancakes that my roomie Michelle made us and headed to Salt Lake where we watched the Jazz beat the Wizards by 40 points. I have no pictures of that because we took Zoey's camera, mine was dead. That night we stayed the night at my friend Melanie's in SLC. In the morning I took Zo to the airport, bought her some dramamine, a magazine, gave her a hug and sent her on her way.

I decided I am going to be a clingy mother, because I had THE hardest time just sending Zoey through security and on her way. She only had a 50 minute flight for crying out loud and was landing in a relatively small airport.

My forty minute drive home was a battle. I was so tired! I almost fell asleep on the road at 9 o'clock in the morning! It was because if all the stuff Zoey and I did, plus I wasn't sleeping much because while Zoey slept I did my homework, and when I was sleeping I didn't sleep well.

Anyway, I was really glad that Zoey could come hang out. I know it was a good getaway for her, from school, sports, friends, Max, Riley, Eli.... ;-) We love um, but everyone needs a break. I lover her tons and was glad that we could strengthen our sisterly bond!

I have eight days of classes left! Insanity! Then a couple reading days and then its finals time. I have tons to do before I can get home, but I think I'll manage. I am excited because a couple days after returning home Kara and I have a roadtrip planned to Portland, Eugene, and the beach, before we have to waste our summer away at the ParticleBoard Plant.... Sheesh.

1 comment:

Kylee said...

Hey, glad that you had a fun time with you sister. I am sure she enjoyed the one-on-one time with you.
Sorry that I didn't get to see you the weekend of Easter. I had to be at the church around 4 and I think I was sleeping when you called me.
I will be praying for you as you go through these last few days of school. It will be so nice when you are finished. Your trip sounds fun..oh to be young and free again:) Are you going to work at the plant then again this summer? Love you.
Ky