Friday, October 10, 2008

Mundane

I don't even know what to write about today, just felt like writing.

It has been a stressful week for me. I was organizing the Oregon campaigning trip, and we needed volunteers, but it is just a bad weekend. It is homecoming, and the start of midterms, etc. In fact I had a midterm, and a lab I decided I shouldn't miss, so I didn't go on the trip either. But there was a lot of calling and e-mailing, and it just added to my stress.

Took my first midterm of the semester this year. Didn't go as well as I needed it to. That was frustrating.

Got back to the gym finally, after the whole staph ordeal. After two weeks off, it has really been frustrating. I remember where I was fitness wise, two weeks ago, and to feel the digression is so frustrating! But finally today, I felt a little bit better. Not quite as snail like or easily exhausted.

I haven't been sleeping well. That's always a pleasure, especially for those around me.

One high of the week was that I got a small package from Jordan on Thursday. In it was the voice recorder we send back and forth. He said a lot! I usually have a hard time spreading it out over a few days, but, I'm on day two of listening and still have half of it to go! It is so good to hear from him. The closer he gets to coming home, the more I miss him, is that bizarre? He sounds so old, mature, and learned. He also sent a few pictures of him, which he hasn't really done in forever, and even these were from May! Sheesh. Anyway, he looks older, at least in the face, a bit like his oldest brother Chris.

Also, some noteworthy fun came when Kara and I went and had custom "NObama" t-shirts made. It was a great moment. Then we went down to an apartment on our floor that has an Obama sign in their window and took pictures with it. Funny times.




Oh, and I got a haircut. I was gonna wait til I got home and surprise my mom, but I figure, oh well. I know Grandma will be excited....yeah, whatever.

3 comments:

Kylee said...

Sorry about the mid-term and the stressful week.
Glad that you got the recorder from Jordan. Probably lifted your spirits during the week. I don't think that it is odd that you miss him more.
Your hair is super cute. I got mine cut yesterday and new highlights put in. So now we will get to share our new haircuts with each other when you come into town next weekend.
Love you.

Sandra said...

Love the shirts. For some reason I thought you wrote on t-shirts with magic marker or something, so didn't see why you were so excited about them! Your hair is cute, I didn't realize it had gotten longer, but in the tv shots is was quite a bit longer. Don't worry about the grand. :) If you want I'll gain some extra weight or talk about moving to Alaska to divert her attention!

Brittney said...

You should send me one of those shirts! I would totally wear it ;) I love you hair cut. It's perfect and totally cute