Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Quick Notes

Wow, I feel like our life has just hit insanity mode.

Here is a small peak at what our daily routines have been like and will continue to be like: 

Monday
6:45am Lexy wakes up, showers
7:20 Eric wakes up, showers
7:45 Eric out the door to work in Irrigon (15 miles away)
7:50 Lexy out the door to work in Pendleton (30 miles away)

4:30pm Eric home from work
5:45 Lexy home from work
6:00 Eric to class
8:00 Eric home, FHE
8-10pm Lougee Study Hall

10pm Scriptures and prayer
11pm Sleep

Tuesday

6:45am Lexy wakes up, showers
7:20 Eric wakes up, showers
7:45 Eric out the door to work in Irrigon (15 miles away)
7:50 Lexy out the door to work in Pendleton (30 miles away)


4:30pm Eric home from work - straight to Class
5:45 Lexy home from work
6:30 Eric home
7-9:30pm Birthing Education Class


10pm Scriptures and prayer
11pm Sleep


And now we are on to Wednesday. I got home late, paid bills, had my Visiting Teacher stop by.... it'll be 8pm before I see Eric and I know we both have homework to do tonight. Our house needs cleaned. And we're leaving for Utah on Friday.


Anyway, here is a very brief synopsis of our past two birthing classes.

Birthing Class Session III: In which We Toured the Birthing Center

We toured the birthing center. I was very excited to learn that every room has a nice, deep, jacuzzi tub. I was also excited to learn that the bed was like some kind of Transformer ... it came apart, moved, transformed to accommodate any desired pushing/laboring style. Then, I realized a bed that does that many things cannot be all that comfortable.

Birthing Class Session D: All About Boo and Ob
If you put Boo and Ob together and subtract an O, you get boob. And that's what this session was allllll about, breastfeeding. I was really appreciative because I know it's something I want to do, but I don't have the time to read a bunch of books on the subject. Luckily, our instructor is simultaneously long-winded and informative, so I learned the 411 of breastfeeding. I was less excited to learn that different glands and tissues within the breast are named after male doctors. Like Cooper's Ligaments. And Montgomery Glands. Girl parts named after boys, doesn't that just seem wrong?



Anyway ... that's enough for now. I'm wayyyyy behind on the whole blogging thing, but oh well.

Peace out, suckers.

No comments: