Monday, November 7, 2011

nesting: take one

Wow, what is happening with my face here? 

Here is my 31.5 week belly picture. In comparing this photo to my 27.5 week photo, I don't see much of a difference. But, I definitely feel a difference. It's been harder to sit up or bend over or stand up after squatting down. I'd been getting away with just using an elastic belly band to convert regular pants into "maternity" pants - but lately it's just not very comfortable! This morning I went through a bin of maternity clothes a gal at church loaned me and found some work maternity pants to wear. Much more comfortable! 

In case I forgot to mention it, at the last doctor's appointment, my doctor confirmed that I did NOT have gestational diabetes. I was very glad! Who wants diabetes for Christmas? Not this girl. 

My mom, sister and brother came up for the weekend. 
Eric was in full force performing husband, son-in-law and brother-in-law duties. But he was a trooper and big help! 

Mom and I worked on a few different projects - she's such a helpful gal. 
One was a felt mitten "garland" to put on the tree at Christmas. Riley helped with that project, too. 
I worked on some handmade little gifts for some friends. 

We also sewed a bath towel for the baby and got the nursery all arranged! We've still got some putting away of things to do and some finishing touches (like, say, a crib mattress). But, the furniture is all arranged and most of the wall decor up! 


Probably my favorite set up in the room, currently. Old milk crate as a book shelf!



Not pictured*The changing table. Currently piled high with things that need to be put away.

When things are more polished I'll post some updated photos! Preferably in the daytime so that the lighting is a bit better. It's really pretty airy, yet cozy in there. Eric's new favorite thing to do is just go sit in the "baby room."

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It is looking really cute and comphy! Baby girl Lougee will feel like a princess in her nursery.

Kylee said...

It is adorable!