Thursday, May 31, 2012

Inside the Box

Well, the major report is we're pack rats.

I have acquired a significant amount of stuff in the two years since I moved into this apartment - including a husband and daughter and all the baggage they came with!

Most dramatic change? The kitchen. Thank you to all who gave wedding gifts! Maybe you were a little TOO generous!

Anyway, I'm feeling a little boxed in. The big goal is to get 99% of our stuff into storage into La Grande to - freaking - morrow. Then, after Zoey's big day (read graduating from high school) we'll head back here to clean. Once Monday is over, my stress level will plummet and my overall health will significantly improve. Gypsy living, please!

Until then, it's figuring out how to pack things for our weekend in La Grande, our week in Umatilla and our summer in Utah. What to do with all the hangers! And crossing my fingers that everything fits in the uhaul truck with less than .5% of things coming out broken.






I get a bit sentimental when I start thinking about my life two years ago compared to now. Two of the most important people of my life came into it within the last 24 months. It's been incredible. Lots of highs, lots of lows. But just recently I've been feeling really optimistic. Looking forward to starting a new chapter in a new place, but Hermatilla will always hold a special little nugget of space in my heart. 

Took this photo for posterity. Our first little abode. 

And now for two photos of Ella watching her daddy play the gee-tar. 




No comments: