Sunday, June 27, 2010

Friday at the Farmer's Market

Friday evening I headed to downtown Pendleton (which was all of 25 feet from where I work) with my friend Nick for the Farmer's Market. They were have wiener dog races and costume contests, Hamley's was having live music out on the lawn ... it was a delightful way to spend a Friday evening.
I purchased some amazingly green and fresh romaine lettuce and two things of the most delightful blueberries. The guy at Hamley's sang a lot of George Strait and Garth Brooks -- so I fell in love. It was a really pleasant evening. The more time I spend in Pendleton the more I love it. It has so much going for it, yet it's a small city. It can appeal to many sides of my complex nature and it feels like a good fit.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

Yay! I am so happy for you! And I have wanted a wiener dog ever since I met the coolest one on my mission. His name was Bob and we became friends! Seeing these pictures makes me want one even more!