Tuesday, June 1, 2010

dis·con·tent

dis·con·tent (dskn-tnt)
n.
1.
   a. Absence of contentment; dissatisfaction.
   b. A restless longing for better circumstances.
2. One who is discontented.
un·sure
adj.
  1. Lacking confidence.
  2. Uncertain of the facts.
  3. Precarious; unstable; unreliable.
 
Marked by lack of firm decision or commitment; of questionable outcome: indefinite, open, uncertain, undecided, undetermined, unresolved, unsettled, vague. Idioms: up in the air. See certain/uncertain.

Here I am, on the verge of 23, and I'm not sure what I want to do with my life. I mean, I know I want to be a wife and a mom, but ... what else? What skills and talents do I have and where should I use them? So, I'm starting out on a stupid "journey of self-discovery."


I googled "how to figure out what to do with your life" (which I might add was like the fourth most googled topic starting with the word "how" and here is just a taste of what I came up with. Guess I'll start here:

To help you out in figuring out what you might like to explore or create in your life, try answering these 8 questions:
1. What did you dream of becoming when you were a child?

2. Where do you spend your free time?

3. Listen to your inner self. What does it really wish it could be doing?

4. What activity do you do that makes you feel happy and when you do it, the time just flies by?

5. What activities, events, shows, books are you attracted to?

6. Resolve your past issues. Your past does not have to decide your future. If you let your past go and any limitations you’ve placed upon yourself, what would you be doing?

7. What would success mean to you? What would the perfect life be?

8. What would you do if you had the Universal Credit Card (money is no object)?


Did the questions help you to figure out "what do I want to do with my life"? 
Uh, no. If only it were that easy! But, I guess it helps the brainstorming. 

No comments: