Monday, July 11, 2011

Year Gone By

In a frenzy of catching up on apartment cleaning, auto maintenance, laundry, church and visiting with our long-lost Lougee relatives (Eric's fam has been gone forever - traveling - oh the life of a school teacher!), I forgot to mark a special weekend in our little household.

This last weekend marked a year since our little courtship really began - at a Train concert. I can still remember opening the front door to my apartment and getting all fluttery inside because he was more handsome than I remembered from the Branch activity where we first met.

Don't mind my really crazy hair, it was windy!
And I swear to you, that just as the band began playing this song, I had an inkling that this might really be the real deal.


It was a whirlwind romance, followed by a whirlwind wedding, marriage and now baby on the way, but I wouldn't have had it any other way.

The initial rush of new giddy love still gets this old ticker from time to time, but it's grown into a deeper, trusting, partnership that everyday I find myself more and more grateful for. Love you, D!

Read more about our first date by clicking here.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ahhhhh...young love!