Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Three Fourths

Ella is officially three weeks old today! 

I have to say, parenting is the most exhausting thing I've ever done. But, when she forms into a tiny little koala bear on my chest, I realize it's the most meaningful thing I've ever done, too. 


Something noteworthy that happened this week? Ella became a recognized human! She received her Social Security card and number. They grow up so fast, don't they? 


Also, at her two week doctor's appointment Ella was back to her birth weight at 7 pounds 4 ounces. 


And her feet became even more delicious, if that's even possible. 


What didn't happen? She didn't get any less fussy, poor girl, poor mom. But she has slept in her cradle for 3-4 hour long stretches at the beginning of the night a few different times this week allowing her exhausted parents to cuddle up and relax before passing out, too. Woot! 

1 comment:

HollBurd said...

Dear Baby Ella,

Congratulations on becoming a recognized human being. That 9-digit number will be both a blessing and a bother your entire life. You are a beautiful baby girl and I can't wait for you to meet your best friend... She's still swimming in the womb currently, but soon enough. Just a quick word of advice, sleep is actually one of the most wonderful parts of life. I'm just sayin, it wouldn't hurt to try it out.

Sincerely,

HollBurd