Monday, November 16, 2009

Are you a Guru?


My friend Joseph took me to lunch this afternoon to discuss all sorts of things, mainly related to our current jobs at The DU (what we newsies call The Daily Universe ), and about our future careers. Joseph just got a copy job at The Daily Herald in Provo, I'm really excited for him!

We went to Guru's , which is all the rage with the young hipsters these days. I'm apparently not young or hip because I have yet to go. It's got a quirky, modern and casual atmosphere. The food is good and not too spendy. I enjoyed my time here, aside from the infamous B rock or whatever this guy who roams Provo trying to sell rap cd's trying to use our cell phones to get a job. Actually, I enjoyed that, too.

Joseph gave me a lot to think about as I look to my professional future. Like, maybe I should stay on the Web desk next semester. Maybe I should work for the DU this summer ( I guess they let you do that for summer). Maybe I should take some different classes.

Maybe maybe maybe I should just go home, get in my sweats and read New Moon.....(yes, I got sucked in by my roommate to read the second book in the Twilight "saga,") And avoid thinking about any of this for awhile. That is my coping method of choice, avoidance.

Made it to the gym today! Yay! Even though I've been feeling flabby, the scale was nice to me today. The lightest I've been in about 5 months! Woot. And I can't get this song out of my head today...... you tell 'em Carrie Underwood!



*Oh, and for the record (Mom and Grandma) Joseph is happily married, just a good friend and mentor type. 

1 comment:

Spencer said...

SOOOO glad we found each others blogs! And I have yet to go to Guru's either so apparently I'm not as hip as I thought I was! You have a happy Thanksgiving too and I'm sure we'll catch each other in the twitter world!