Thursday, February 17, 2011

When I was a young warthog....

My last semester at BYU, I was fortunate to serve as the Issues & Ideas page Editor. My job was great. I worked good hours, for good pay (for an on-campus student job), with some of my good friends and was mentored by two advisors I grew to greatly respect.

On the flip side, I became so jaded by opinions that I took a long, long news/opinion/political fast. I'm just now allowing myself to listen to NPR on the way home from work.

One of my former colleagues and fellow Oregonians works as the current 'Op-Ed' page editor. She just wrote a fabulous viewpoint to the admittedly many self-righteous finger pointers that attend BYU (don't worry, I'm a proud alumni).

http://universe.byu.edu/node/14057#comment-6925

Take a read when you have a moment.

I miss the title of editor.

In a dream world, I'd love to be an editor at a magazine. But, that's another post for another day.

No comments: