Saturday, September 27, 2008

Objectivity

In my Communications 101 class we had a guest lecturer come in and speak to us about his experiences and ideas with print journalism. Among many thought provoking things he mentioned was that blogging can affect the perceived objectivity of readers/audiences of you as a journalist. So, I'm going to be a bit more careful about what I post in regards to politics, so that something doesn't come back to bite me in the butt in ten years or twenty. But, Grandpa Lee sent out a bunch of Palin political cartoons and I found this one quite great:



I think this cartoon is fairly balanced and fairly funny.

I have a blog for my Principles of Journalism class, at http://lexythejournalist.blogspot.com. Basically we are just supposed to blog about things in the news, classes, life, etc., that might affect us as journalists. It might be boring to some of you, but you can check it out if you so desire.

No comments: