Friday, November 28, 2008

ThankFULL

Thanksgiving was swell. We (and by "we" I mean the women in the family, Riley, Zoey, Mom, and I) spent Wednesday evening making pies. Two pumpkin, a rhubarb/raspberry, and an apple. Thursday morning Mom and I started the cooking. It wasn't too intense. She worked on the stuffing, I worked on the greenbean casserole. We put each in a crock pot (I found a really nice one for 5 bucks at the Salvation Army in Baker on Monday). Then Mom readied the turkey, I couldn't really help, the smell and the sight make me sickly. I went and pounced on Zoey around 10 am. Then went and helped Mom prepare the sweet potatoes/yams.

When Zoey the Zombie finally awoke she was mad because she thought we were eating right then. Silly. She made deviled eggs, celery with cheese/peanut butter, and was supposed to help mom with mashed potatoes....I'm not sure if she did.


We ended up eating around 2:30. We set the table really nice, I'll post a picture when I get back to Provo. After eating I put the leftovers away while Mom put a dent in some of the dishes. We were both surprised because usually we are too lazy to put stuff away for a couple hours.

Then we popped in "The Santa Claus 2." Halfway through the movie the Smiths showed up with a cheesecake and we ate desert while watching the end of the movie. Jeremy and Gareld left, but Morgan and Steph stayed to do a craft. It ended up that everyone but Morgan and I did the craft. We sat on our respective couches, wrapped up in our respective quilts, perusing the store ads for the next day.

It was a super casual Turkey Day, and super delicious.

Some of today's highlights included going to Wal-Mart as a family, where we bought a bunch of cheap movies, and more rolls to eat our leftover turkey on. We also went to the "Parade of Lights" downtown. It rained all the way up until six when the parade was to start. Then by some stoke of luck it stopped just in time for us to hop out of the car and try to enjoy rednecks driving trucks decorated with Christmas lights in between smokers sitting in their cars blocking our view and Max and Eli being totally out of control. I love my brothers. And rednecks. (Look at this face....T-R-O-U-B-L-E).




We were supposed to start decorating for Christmas today, but I think we were still in recovery from Thursday. Saturday will be the day. Trees. Lights. Action.


Hope you all had a wonderful holiday. We have so much to be grateful for, even in days such as these. Love ya!

No comments: