Sunday, August 7, 2011

Love is Spoken Here

A few weeks ago, in Primary (Primary is for kids ages 3 to 11combined singing and gospel doctrine and then smaller Sunday School classes divided up by age groups) we sang the song "Love is Spoken Here," and I've realized that it really is one of my favorite children's songs. 

The image of a child watching their mother in prayer, is one that moves me ... and I hope is an image that won't be hard for my children to recall. 

Recently though, the words "Mine is a home where every hour is blessed by the strength of Priesthood power," have really meant a lot to me. Growing up, that wasn't something I could sing and have it ring true, but now that I'm married - those words are so very true and I feel very blessed. 

My home is lead by a man who has faith in God, in his Son and in the gospel of Jesus Christ and acts on that faith. He is strong, worthy, willing, and has a heart of service. He is a man that willfully embraces his role to "preside over (his) family in love and righteousness and" his responsibility, "to provide the necessities of life and protection" for his family (See: The Family - A Proclamation to the World). And he is supportive and encouraging of me and my roles and goals. Men like that are getting harder and harder to find. I'm grateful to have a life, home and family that are and will continue to be blessed by his righteousness. 

I'm also very grateful for the legacy of faith that his family has passed on to him from both sides. They are truly Christian people who put faith and family first. And their diligence has been a blessing in my life. 

I just needed to share, because I know I am lucky and would feel very ungrateful if I didn't express my appreciation and recognize the blessings Heavenly Father has given our little family. 

Happy Sabbath to you! 

No comments: